Flipping houses is one of the most lucrative professions out there. But, as you might expect, this isn’t something that just anyone can do. In fact, it takes someone with a tremendous depth of knowledge regarding the housing market, property values, home renovations and legal procedure.
If you didn’t already know, the main idea behind flipping a home is to buy low and sell high, usually after putting a few dollars into upgrading and modernizing the home, to make it more appealing to a new buyer. This is the hard part, however, since you’ll need to minimize your out of pocket cost and maximize the value-add of your investment.
This is where the bathroom becomes a superb opportunity. Bathrooms are a clear focal point in homes (we spend a lot of time in them), they’re cheap enough to upgrade (when done right) and they can leave a big impression on people if they exceed expectations. Because of these things, it’s in many flippers’ best interests to pay some attention to the bathroom.
Let’s take a look at a few of the things that can really jack up the value of a home, that won’t end up costing you in the end:
- Shower refinishing in Glendale, AZ is going to be a big value-add for many people. People see the shower as a comfortable amenity: somewhere they can relax, unwind and get clean. Refinishing the shower means refreshing this coveted space and projecting an air of cleanliness for prospective home buyers.
- Countertop finishing in Glendale, AZ is another great way to enhance the appeal of a bathroom, without actually having to put in a lot of work or expense. Breathing new life into the existing countertops goes a long way to restoring the entire look and feel of the room.
- Updating fixtures is a great way to modernize without a lot of heavy lifting. Replacing those old 70s fixtures with something a bit more on trend can give the impression that more things have been updated and that the bathroom is modern-ready.
- Throwing in a brand new mirror or investing a few bucks in vanity refinishing in Glendale will dramatically increase the appeal of the bathroom. Not only is a mirror something that’s coveted in a bathroom, it can also open the room up and help reflect natural light: two things that really resonate with home buyers.
- If you’re going for the big finale, upgrading materials might just be the big winner for you when it comes to flipping a home. Changing out linoleum for tile flooring or old porcelain for a tile shower can tip people over the edge and cause them to stop and think positively about the entire home.
Flipping a home is never easy, but if you can leverage a single room to your advantage, it can help to create an entire train of thought regarding the hole home. Capitalize on the bathroom with some of the above tips and see what some TLC to this oft-used room can do for you!