When it is time for bathtub refinishing or tiling, the problem is not the lack of ideas—it is choosing the one that looks best in your bathroom! Restoration work and bathtub refinishing in Glendale, AZ helps your bathroom look better, and it is also a good time to add new embellishment. You can add a few tile features or go for a completely new look. Take advantage of this opportunity with these new trends and ideas:
- The Mediterranean look: Old World style is making a big comeback with its elegance and simplicity. Offer a nod to ancient cultures with these designs inspired by the décor customs of Spain, Morocco and Portugal. You can also choose unique shapes that interlock neatly. Metallic surfaces are popular, as well as painted terra cotta designs. This is a classic look that is unlikely to go out of style and will maintain the value of your home.
- Mosaics: This is a favorite among people who like to do their own design or who have an artistic streak. Use tiles of different shapes to create simple pictures, like repeating stars or flowers. You can do this on an entire bath or shower wall, or just add them in as accent pieces. If you see many shapes before you, let your imagination go wild. You will create a bathroom look that is uniquely you and unlikely to have a duplicate anywhere else.
- Classic white: Perhaps you are renovating a rental property or you believe less is more. The classic white subway tile look never goes out of fashion, and that is due to its flexibility. You can highlight your bathroom in different ways with a different colored floor, or add mosaic accents throughout the white. Going classic allows you endless decorating possibilities.
- Three-dimensional tile: Are you feeling up to adding a new texture? Raised surfaces and monochromatic appearances give these tiles a simple yet elegant look. It creates an inviting space while also giving a nod to the funky days of the 1970s, when three-dimensional tile was last popular. There are many interesting patterns available in circles, symmetrical patterns and classic looks. It is very likely that one of these approaches will appeal to you if you are looking for something different, but do not want to put in the effort required by the mosaic.
- Accessibility: As the population ages, ways of making bathrooms safer are developing quickly. Tile is not excluded in this realm. Textured tile can make it harder to slip in the bathtub, and tiles made to work around hand railings can combine aesthetics with function. While resurfacing, you can even take the opportunity to install a tile shower bench or lower the rails to help you age in place better at home. Making things a little easier does not mean sacrificing beauty.
When it is time for new tile or bathtub refinishing in Glendale, AZ, call A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service LLC to start work on your home. We can fix cracks and blemishes or give your bathroom a whole new look!