Taking a nice, hot shower is one of the best ways to start your morning. So, when you go to hop in the shower only to find that it’s leaking, has low water pressure or needs other repairs, you’re starting the day off on the wrong foot. But how much will shower repair cost, and should you even attempt it yourself? Keep reading to find out.
The average cost of shower repair
The nationwide average to fix a shower ranges from $140 to $180. However, that price tag can be as high as $600 or more in some situations. You can generally expect to save some money by hiring a plumber to fix your shower as soon as you notice something’s amiss.
Factors affecting that cost
It’d be nice if plumbers could just charge a flat rate for all shower repair jobs. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Here are a few of the factors that make your repair cheaper or more expensive:
- Type of repair: The first thing to consider is the type of repair required. If your shower is slow to drain, a plumber can come out and snake it to free up the clog. This is a quick, easy and cheap fix. However, addressing poor water pressure or replacing tiles could cost $600 or more.
- Type of shower: The type of shower you have also plays a role in the cost. If you have a standard shower/tub combination, your plumber probably won’t charge as much as they would for someone with a stone tile shower with a rain shower faucet. This price difference is due to the intricacies involved and the parts required for repair.
- Repairs vs. replacement: Sometimes, the shower is beyond repair, and the entire fixture needs to be replaced. When that’s the case, you could be facing a bill of anywhere from $1,000 to $8,000, depending on the type of shower you want. The national average for complete shower replacement is about $5,800.
The benefits of professional shower repair
Homeowners with some basic plumbing know-how may be tempted to fix their shower by themselves, but we don’t recommend it. These are a few reasons to call an expert instead:
- No hassle: Plumbing is never an easy task. Even a relatively simple job like snaking a clogged drain can be a challenge for a homeowner. Save yourself a ton of trouble by just bringing in a professional to take care of it.
- Guaranteed results: When you hire a professional, you can trust that the problem will be solved once and for all. Whether it’s a clogged drain or cracked tiles, an expert will solve all of your problems.
- Cost savings: It sounds counterintuitive, but a plumber can actually save you money. This is because the problem will be solved as soon as possible, and you won’t run the risk of causing water damage to your home.
Call us from the get-go
The next time you need shower repair, just call our team at A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service Co., L.L.C. Our pros can perform everything from minor to major shower repairs and resurfacing, and we even offer free estimates for all of our services.