The one bad thing about fiberglass bathtubs is that they can be a little tricky to keep clean. Over time, soap scum builds up in the tub, turning the white surface into a less appealing brown color. The good news is that we’re here to help! Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about cleaning fiberglass in Phoenix, AZ:
- Spray with vinegar: Your first step is to fill a spray bottle with distilled white vinegar and spray the whole tub with it. Be sure to get the entire tub, including any corners. The last thing you want is to have a clean tub except for one tiny corner that’s still brown and nasty.
- Wait 30 minutes: After you’ve sprayed down the whole tub, you’ll have to wait about half an hour for it to work its magic. During this time, wet a cleaning sponge with more vinegar to prepare for the next step.
- Sprinkle baking soda: When put together, vinegar and baking soda are fantastic all-natural cleaning agents. After 30 minutes is up, sprinkle some baking soda throughout the tub. Again, be sure to get all the nooks and crannies in your tub.
- Scrub: It’d be nice if the vinegar and baking soda alone were enough to clean your bathtub, but that’s not the case. You’ll still need to use a little bit of elbow grease to ensure that your tub is as clean as can be. Use your vinegar-soaked sponge and get to work scrubbing the tub. Vinegar’s cleaning and disinfecting properties combined with baking soda’s mild abrasiveness are sure to bring your tub back to its original glory.
- Rinse: Finally, turn on the showerhead and hose down your tub. Be sure to rinse off all the baking soda, as it can be tough to remove if it hardens onto the surface.
Reasons to hire a professional
Following the tips above should help get your bathtub sparkling clean. However, the best way to get a clean tub is to pick up the phone and call a professional. Here are a few of the benefits of hiring a pro to clean your tub:
- Spend your time elsewhere: You have better things to do with your time than spending it on your hands and knees cleaning your tub. Instead of wasting your day cleaning, just call us to take care of it! We’ll have your whole bathtub sparkling clean in no time.
- Save yourself a hassle: Though cleaning fiberglass in Phoenix, AZ isn’t necessarily the hardest chore around the house, it’s still not a ton of fun. Let us take care of your tub cleaning needs and save yourself a lot of trouble.
- Ensure it’s done right: If you want quality results, then be sure to hire professional tub experts! We won’t stop until your bathtub looks like new again.
Don’t choose anyone but A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service Co., LLC if you need more tips for effective bathtub cleaning in Phoenix, AZ. Give us a call today to get a free estimate or to learn more about all of our fantastic services.