Remodeling your bathroom comes with a bevy of options to choose from—whether it’s fixtures or materials, paint colors or lighting, you’re going to have to make choices that effect how your bathroom is going to look, feel and function after its transformation. Perhaps the biggest of these choices, however, is what you’re going to tile your shower with.
The obvious choice for tile is ceramic—it’s the option you’re bound to see plenty of if you head on down to your local hardware store. However, just because ceramic is the most accessible option doesn’t mean it’s the best.
When it comes to tiling materials for a shower, you might be surprised to learn that porcelain bathroom tiling in Glendale is actually a preferred material! Take a look at five supporting arguments that lend themselves to porcelain as a superior choice for your shower:
- Versatility: Porcelain, like ceramic, is tremendously versatile when it comes to options. Different styles, sizes, accents and more are all available to you through this material and it’s extremely easy to find options that will accent your bathroom.
- Resistance: This is one category where porcelain trumps ceramic tiling in a bevy of ways. Not only is porcelain fireproof, it’s also scratch and stain resistant, as well as nonreactive! Abrasive substances can absolutely decimate ceramic tile; porcelain comes out strong and stays stable no matter what’s thrown at it!
- Durability: Porcelain is tremendously hard. In hardness testing, much of today’s modern, treated porcelain outshines slate, marble and even granite in terms of strength, making it an ideal investment for bathrooms, where it’ll see wear and tear on a daily basis.
- Sustainability: Buildups of grime and scale can dramatically reduce the longevity of ceramic tiling, slowly taking their toll on the material until it’s left offering little protection against abrasions. Porcelain, on the other hand, offers an unmatched sustainability that’s going to carry through for years and years without faltering.
- Low maintenance: All of the above points equate to one more big win for porcelain, and that’s an extremely low maintenance regimen that costs only a marginal amount. Porcelain, when kept up and cared for appropriately, can be repaired by a professional with ease and in a way that’s lasting and seamless.
If you’re planning a bathroom remodel and are seeking new options for bathroom tiling in Glendale, look beyond what’s common or accessible and instead, explore the option of quality above all else. Porcelain tiling could just be the best investment you make for your bathroom and in turn, for your quality of life while you enjoy this oft-used room of the home.
For more information about how to make porcelain tile a reality in your home or to inquire about other high quality bathroom tiling options, contact the professionals at A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service L.L.C. today! We’ll assist you in completing your bathroom remodel to the highest degrees of excellence, using materials of only the highest caliber.