With a regular cleaning routine, your bathroom fixtures will stay shiny and odor-free and have a better chance of lasting a long time. From your tub to your bathroom tiling in Glendale, AZ, here is a spring cleaning checklist that will not only leave your bathroom smelling fresh, but also keep your fixtures and tiles in tip-top shape:
- Clean exhaust fans: Since bathroom exhaust fans work to remove moisture and steam from the air to stave off mold and mildew growth, make sure fan grates are clear of lint, dust and other particles. Use a vacuum to suck out the bulk of the buildup, then remove the fan cover and wash in warm soapy water. While that’s drying, check for any blockage in the ductwork before replacing the cover.
- Pick up items that retain moisture: Another cause of bathroom mildew is wet items, like towels, washcloths, garments, bath mats and paper products. After an initial spring cleaning, utilize hampers in the laundry room, wash bath towels after every three uses, run floor mats through the washer once a month and don’t leave moisture-retaining items in bathrooms with showers. Doing this also eliminates bacteria and other germs.
- Wash shower curtains: Your fabric shower curtain and plastic liner must be washed, too. Wash curtains per the instruction tag and consider tossing the dirty liner and buying a new one (they’re inexpensive). It’s not unusual for the bottom part of the liner where water settles to transfer mold to the inside of the tub. In other words, a clean shower liner can help to maintain the cleanliness of your bathtub.
- Pre-clean fixtures: To get your bathroom fixtures as clean as possible with little mess, pre-clean first—use a dry cloth to wipe away dust and hair from surfaces, and then vacuum or sweep floors.
- Give fixtures a thorough cleaning: To breathe easier, use eco-friendly cleaning solutions and clean cloths or sponges on everything from the tub and shower to the sink and toilet. Let cleaners set a few minutes to better guarantee that shower soap scum and mildew will break down enough to wipe off easily. If you have multiple bathrooms or large bathroom spaces, break up your spring cleaning into a couple days versus breaking your back to get it all done in a single go. And don’t just focus on the surfaces you can see—be sure to inspect hard-to-reach areas as well.
- Clean walls and floor: Keep your bathroom tiling in Glendale, AZ looking new by deep cleaning floors and walls. By mop or by hand, disinfect all tiles, and be sure to get into the seams where individual tiles connect.
- Repair any damage: While doing your bathroom spring cleaning, be on the lookout for damage, like cracks and deep scratches on tubs, shower walls, floors, vanities, toilets and cabinets. Have professionals make repairs before leaks or total breaks happen, which could mean the need to invest in replacement fixtures.
This spring, if you are in need of repairs, refinishing or replacements to fixtures or bathroom tiling in Glendale, AZ, call to the knowledgeable professionals at A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service L.L.C. for the help you need.
Remodeling your bathroom comes with a bevy of options to choose from—whether it’s fixtures or materials, paint colors or lighting, you’re going to have to make choices that effect how your bathroom is going to look, feel and function after its transformation. Perhaps the biggest of these choices, however, is what you’re going to tile your shower with.
The obvious choice for tile is ceramic—it’s the option you’re bound to see plenty of if you head on down to your local hardware store. However, just because ceramic is the most accessible option doesn’t mean it’s the best.
When it comes to tiling materials for a shower, you might be surprised to learn that porcelain bathroom tiling in Glendale is actually a preferred material! Take a look at five supporting arguments that lend themselves to porcelain as a superior choice for your shower:
- Versatility: Porcelain, like ceramic, is tremendously versatile when it comes to options. Different styles, sizes, accents and more are all available to you through this material and it’s extremely easy to find options that will accent your bathroom.
- Resistance: This is one category where porcelain trumps ceramic tiling in a bevy of ways. Not only is porcelain fireproof, it’s also scratch and stain resistant, as well as nonreactive! Abrasive substances can absolutely decimate ceramic tile; porcelain comes out strong and stays stable no matter what’s thrown at it!
- Durability: Porcelain is tremendously hard. In hardness testing, much of today’s modern, treated porcelain outshines slate, marble and even granite in terms of strength, making it an ideal investment for bathrooms, where it’ll see wear and tear on a daily basis.
- Sustainability: Buildups of grime and scale can dramatically reduce the longevity of ceramic tiling, slowly taking their toll on the material until it’s left offering little protection against abrasions. Porcelain, on the other hand, offers an unmatched sustainability that’s going to carry through for years and years without faltering.
- Low maintenance: All of the above points equate to one more big win for porcelain, and that’s an extremely low maintenance regimen that costs only a marginal amount. Porcelain, when kept up and cared for appropriately, can be repaired by a professional with ease and in a way that’s lasting and seamless.
If you’re planning a bathroom remodel and are seeking new options for bathroom tiling in Glendale, look beyond what’s common or accessible and instead, explore the option of quality above all else. Porcelain tiling could just be the best investment you make for your bathroom and in turn, for your quality of life while you enjoy this oft-used room of the home.
For more information about how to make porcelain tile a reality in your home or to inquire about other high quality bathroom tiling options, contact the professionals at A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service L.L.C. today! We’ll assist you in completing your bathroom remodel to the highest degrees of excellence, using materials of only the highest caliber.
Bathrooms are probably the most difficult part of a home to clean. While it might be easy to give a bathroom a quick tidying up, such as taking out the garbage, shining the mirror and scrubbing the toilet, giving a thorough cleaning takes a lot of effort. Every so often, cleaning the bathroom is absolutely necessary, though, not just to give everything a sparkly clean finish before a party, but also for basic hygiene. Ever notice how professional cleaning services manage to get bathrooms cleaner than you can ever imagine doing yourself—the way the toilet appears brand new and the bathroom tiling in Glendale is absolutely spotless? There are a few tricks to getting your bathroom perfectly clean. Here are a few tips on how to make your bathroom tiling appear like new again.
- A little preparation goes a long way: Cleaning your bathroom tiling in Glendale starts with properly preparing your bathroom. For starters, make sure your bathroom is well ventilated, since it is not recommended that you breathe in harsh cleaning solution fumes for any long period of time. Remove from the bathroom any floor mats, towels or anything else you would like to avoid staining or getting wet. Finally, prepare yourself for cleaning day, as well. Throw on some old clothes and rubber gloves so you can clean without worrying about ruining clothing or getting chemicals on your skin.
- Choose the proper cleaning materials: Decide ahead of time what type of cleaning solution you want to use. Any trip down the cleaning aisle at your local grocery or hardware store will offer you many options to choose from. But don’t just grab any cleaning solution that is specifically for bathroom tiling in Glendale—actually read the label to ensure the chemicals will not damage any of the materials in your bathroom. Another option is to make a cleaning solution yourself, which can save you some money. Simply mixing baking powder, vinegar and water in a spray bottle will provide you a great solution capable of degreasing and abrasive enough to work out deep stains. Bleach with water also is an option. Also pick out your cleaning tools. A few microfiber cloths and brushes should do the trick, and many people like to use an old toothbrush for those hard-to-reach places.
- Get down to business: Once you have prepped your bathroom and gathered your cleaning supplies, now it is time to actually get down to work. Start by running your shower at a high temperature for a few minutes. The hot water and steam will remove the top layer of filth and will loosen up embedded soap scum, body oils, mold and mildew. Next, apply a good amount of cleaning solution to the bathroom tiling in Glendale. Allow it to sit for a few minutes and then use your brush to scrub the grout and in harder-to-reach corners. Also scrub visible stains. Now use your microfiber cloths with warm water applied to scrub and wipe away the cleaning solution—remember to apply some arm strength to this. Finally, run your shower again and rinse away any excess filth and cleaning solution. Hopefully, by following this guide, your tiling will be back to looking good as new in less than an hour’s time.
There are certain materials that, when applied properly in your home, exude class, sophistication and luxury. Tile is predominantly one of these materials and when used to accent and shape your bathroom, tile can create an aesthetic that’s unmatched in both quality and allure.
Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t even consider bathroom tiling in Glendale for fear of paying too much for too little. This couldn’t be further from the truth, however, as tile is one of the most lasting implementations that you can put your faith and your money into. Though it may cost more upfront than a simple linoleum installation, the benefits that tile brings with it far outstrip other conventional flooring materials.
In fact, who said that tile had to be used solely for your flooring? Take a look at a few of the ways that bathroom tiling in Glendale can enhance the appeal of your home and bring longevity and value to this frequently used room:
Resilience: When you pay to have your bathroom remodeled, you’re essentially paying for the replacement of existing materials with a higher grade, newer level of quality. And, if you’re seeking a better level of quality in your bathroom, it only makes sense to choose materials that are going to stay in prime condition for longer and look better than your existing implementations. In this regard, tile is virtually unbeatable! Tile is highly resilient against water saturation, won’t be subject to scuffs or dings that can compromise other flooring materials and are easily repaired if damage does somehow befall a section of tile installation.
Versatility: As stated above, there’s no unwritten rule that says tiling is only admissible as a flooring material. Chances are you’ve seen gorgeous tile showers somewhere before—why not bring this level of sophistication into your own bathroom? Bathroom tiling in Glendale is easily applied to create stunning showerscapes of all types and when applied by a professional who understands the aesthetic requirements needed to create this luxurious amenity, you’re certain to have a finished product that’s fit for royalty.
Home value: You get out of your home what you put into it and this idea couldn’t be truer than when it comes to using quality materials in your bathroom. Tile flooring or a tile shower will serve to raise the overall value of your home—both actual value and the perceived value of anyone that may prospectively own it. If you’re thinking of putting your home on the market sometime in the next 5-10 years, tiling your bathroom will give you a boost in value when the time does come to sell—and, until that day comes, you’ll get to enjoy your purchase in all of its luxury!
Remember, tile isn’t without its drawbacks—it’s more expensive per square foot than most materials, it can be hard to clean and when it’s damaged, the damage is far more noticeable. Aside from these things, however, tile is a smart choice for homeowners looking to get more out of their homes, specifically their bathrooms.
Tile floors in a bathroom are a luxury in and of themselves—they look great, last an exceptionally long time and can provide added resistance against water damage. Many homes today experience the benefits of tile flooring on a daily basis, however over time and without proper maintenance, these tile floors can lose some of the splendor that they once had. Aside from obvious blemishes, such as cracks and chips in the tile, grout contamination can render the spaces between your tiles dirty and gross. To make matters worse, regular at-home cleaning might not be enough to restore the sparkle to your tiles, which can be disheartening for any homeowner who works hard to maintain a pristine home.
If your bathroom tiling in Glendale is experiencing a noticeable drop in appearance or is damaged in an obvious way, it takes a professional touch to bring it back to the superior aesthetic that it once held. Take a look at a few simple ways that a professional can help you get the most out of your tile flooring, for longer:
Grout cleaning: The grout between your tiles is a tricky area to clean. Simply mopping over it or using a generic floor cleaning solution isn’t going to do the trick and bending over your grout for hours with a toothbrush and some bleach is sure to take a toll on your body and your day. A professional service will employ heavy-duty cleaning solutions that are safe, yet highly effective at removing contaminates from your grout, while at the same time restoring the shine that you’ve been missing from your tiles.
Minor tile replacement: You may have noticed that there’s a crack or chip in a couple of the tiles in your bathroom. These minor abrasions can come about at virtually any time and they’re usually the result of something being dropped on the floor. While a small crack or chip in your bathroom tiling in Glendale may not seem like something to worry about, if left unchecked, water saturation in these areas can cause damage to the flooring underneath your tile. Minor tile replacement by a professional repair company can unearth these few broken tiles and replace them with exact copies, giving you the look and protection that you deserve from your flooring.
Major tile replacement: Moving into a home where the bathroom tile has been neglected can be a frustrating experience. Luckily, if you enlist the help of a tile professional, you’ll be able to make quick work of this poor flooring situation and replace it with a brand new surface that’s luxurious and highly water resistant. Major tile replacement generally means ripping up entire sections of the existing tile or even the whole floor, where resealing and re-grouting needs to be undertaken in order to ensure a complete overhaul.
Believe it or not, tile is often much easier to service and repair than linoleum or wood, making it an exceptional choice for bathroom flooring. Whether you’re simply seeking to restore your existing tile or you’re on track for a brand new flooring experience, be sure to choose a tile professional who can help you get the look you desire from your bathroom.