Regardless of which materials your shower is made of, years of daily use take a big toll, which eventually causes damage to your shower. Many professionals would agree that a leaky shower is one of the worst problems you can run into. Damage from leaks doesn’t just end in your bathroom, and the problems don’t stop as soon as you fix the leak. Keep reading to learn all about shower leaks and how you can prevent them from happening in your bathroom:
- Floor damage: The first danger posted by a leaking shower is damage to the bathroom floor. The last thing you want is pools of water collecting around the base of the shower. Unless the leak is addressed quickly, the water will continue to pool up on the floor and can begin to rot the floorboards underneath. What if the floor gets so weak that the ceiling below collapses? That’s a major issue that you really don’t want to deal with! Call us for shower repair in Glendale, AZ as soon as you notice a pool of water. We’ll diagnose and fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Wall damage: The second issue with a leak will probably have to do with the wall adjacent to your shower. Water from the leak will seep into the drywall and wreak havoc if it’s not repaired promptly. If your shower is leaking against the wall, you’ll want to have the area inspected by a drywall contractor. A professional is the only person who will be able to tell just how much damage the leak has caused and what needs to be done to correct the problem.
- Mold issues: One of the worst parts about having a leaky shower is the fact that your worries aren’t over after the repairman is finished with the job. Mold growth resulting from leaks is a major concern. Be sure you call a professional for mold remediation after your leak has been addressed and your shower has been fixed. Mold removal experts will get your house and bathroom back in order so you can live without worry that your health is in danger.
While major repairs will almost certainly need to be handled by a professional, there are some steps you can take to mitigate the risk of leak damage:
- Making repairs in a timely manner: The best way to avoid problems caused by leaks is to call a repair service to fix cracks in your shower as soon as you notice them. The earlier your crack is repaired, the less damage you’ll have to deal with. And just as importantly, the faster your crack is fixed, the cheaper the repair will be.
- Caulking often: If you haven’t checked the caulk around the fixtures in your bathroom in a while, it’s time to do so! Ensuring that all of your bathroom fixtures have fresh caulk is a major key in leak prevention. If you’re not sure of how much caulk you need around your shower, give us a call. We can caulk all of your fixtures to ensure you’re protected against leaks and other big problems.
If you’re shower is leaking, don’t wait around before calling A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service LLC for shower repair in Glendale, AZ. We’re available seven days a week to fix all sorts of issues with your showers, tubs and sinks.