Have you started keeping your shower curtain closed just to hide your bathtub? An outdated, worn-out tub can make even the most immaculate bathroom look dirty and dingy. Even worse, a worn tub is the perfect home for mold, mildew and bacteria. If your tub is starting to look worse for wear, you may be considering replacing it—but have you ever considered simply refinishing it?
A lot of homeowners don’t realize how simple bathtub refinishing is. The refinishing process can basically be broken down into three steps:
- Stripping the old surface
- Repairing any surface imperfections
- Applying a primer, coating and sealant
Refinishing your bathtub only takes a few hours, and your tub will look like new and be ready for use the next day. While not all bathtubs are candidates for refinishing, most are. Even serious stains and cracks can be rectified by refinishing your tub. So before you decide that a new tub is in order, here are just a few of the benefits of opting for bathtub refinishing in Phoenix, AZ instead:
- Refinishing is less expensive: People often think that buying a new tub and refinishing their existing tub costs about the same. While refinishing may be similar in price to a new tub, what people often forget is that a new tub comes with other additional costs, like installation, plumbing alterations, removal and disposal of the old tub and having to redo the tile and flooring surrounding the tub. When you take into consideration all these added costs, refinishing is usually hundreds of dollars cheaper than purchasing a new tub.
- Refinishing is faster than replacement: A new tub can take up to three days to install, and it may be even longer before you can actually use it. Refinishing, however, can typically be completed in just a few hours, and even though you have to wait for the surface to cure, you’ll still be enjoying your like-new tub by the next day.
- You don’t have to deal with the mess of a demolition: Having a new tub installed means having a crew invade your home, breaking down your existing tub, dust, debris and all the mess and stress of a demolition. Refinishing is far less disruptive to your home and your life.
- Helps get rid of leaks and pesky stains: Refinishing your tub doesn’t just make it look good—it also helps resolve issues like leaks and stains. The newly refinished surface is much easier to clean, resistant to stains and any pores in the old surface will be filled and no longer be a breeding ground for mold and mildew. In addition, cracks in the surface will be sealed, preventing leaks and other issues.
Before you go out and buy a new tub, why not consider bathtub refinishing in Phoenix, AZ? At A-1 Porcelain & Fiberglass Service LLC, we’ve been providing refinishing services for over 40 years. To learn more about how bathtub refinishing can help your bathroom and your wallet, give us a call today!